Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Just you, and me, and Jesus...

We cooled our jets a little, and didn't have very much physical contact for quiet a while. A peck on the cheek, a brush of the hand, a sideways Christian hug...But definitely no kissing. No touching. Nothing we wouldn't do if Jesus was in the room.
According to my husband, Jesus was always in the room. We talked about sex occasionally, if we were watching tv and somebody was getting busy in prime time.
"John?"
"Yes, Violet?"
"Do you think if we got married we'd be that adventurous?" (pointing to the tv)
"I don't know Violet. I don't think the Lord would appreciate us being bold."
"What do you mean, John?"
"Well...It won't be just us, on our wedding night, Violet. Jesus will be there too. And frankly, I don't know if he would want to see that."
"You're supposed to have sex on your wedding night, John. Give me a break!"
"Jesus is going to be in the front row for our wedding! Jesus is going to be with us...it is such a spiritual event, Violet. We would have to wait for him to leave us for a while before I'd feel comfortable consummating."

I could not picture spending my wedding night back to back with my husband, who refused to have sex with me, because he wanted to leave space for Jesus between us. But he was dead serious. It took a very long time for me to deprogram his brain. Apparently at Mormon social functions, there is a term used around the youth as a guideline for dancing. 
"Leave enough space for Jesus between you"

How many other Mormon kids took that literally, I don't know, but my husband sure did.

3 comments:

  1. Did... he ever mention his views before you were married?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did... he ever mention his views before you were married?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you really want to increase traffic on your website. Buy seo services to increase audience on your website. We provide best and cheap SEO services. We will generate real organic traffic on your website and you can rank no 1 on google. Visit our website today for more details.

    ReplyDelete